This is a brief summary of what this year's Queer Pride Bangalore will (mostly) look like:
- November 19th, Saturday - a fund raising garage sale at ALF
- November 20th, Sunday - a cricket match? I wasn't at all interested, so I forgot, insensitively, that others might be. Will find out and update you guys.
- November 22nd, Tuesday - Transgender Day of Remembrance - probably a candlelight vigil at MG statue
- November 24th, Thursday - Hopefully something at the Swabhava office. Maybe Vinay will run a movie? I'm not sure anyone has actually spoken to him about it, so this might not happen at all, and might just be a little bit like a park bench stories thing, except without the park.
- November 25th, Friday - a panel discussion, but we're not sure what on just yet.
- November 26th, Saturday - a Mela, with stalls and performances, hopefully to be held at Ravindra Kalakshetra. And after, we party!*
- November 27th, Saturday - Pride March. As far as I know we haven't got permission for routes for the march yet, though we do have options.
The next planning meeting is on the 19th, next Wednesday, at ALF. Probably at 6: 30. Everything is still a bit up in the air. I'm setting up a WHaQ meeting on Sunday, so those of you who want more detailsshould contact me.
And lastly, venally and importantly: donations, we need them! Look at this adorable pig:
How can you resist that?
*Actually, I daresay there will be parties all over the place, but this one will happen after the Mela, so there!